ONM Times
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONM Times

The Site for the ONM Times

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

5 reasons to love Halo 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mayuss
Very Hard Brawlers
Very Hard Brawlers
Mayuss

5 reasons to love Halo 3 Empty
PostSubject: 5 reasons to love Halo 3   5 reasons to love Halo 3 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:01 pm

Five reasons to love halo 3 (For all you haters out there!)

1. The Grunt Birthday Party Skull.
(If you don’t know what this is, I suggest you unlock it, turn it on, then shoot a grunt in the head. Quite literally, they will explode. Yes, explode. Plus, confetti, which is a direct rip from viva piñata, flies out of their head and you can hear cheering. Now this is not only fun, but useful. If you shoot the grunt in the middle of a pack of them, they all explode and your points on the meta game just rack up.)
2. Armour Variants.
(Finally some proper customization for online play with Bungie. In “Halo: Combat evolved” your suit was rubbish, and you could have different colours. That was about it. In “Halo 2” you could have an emblem on your shoulder and more colours. Better, but still not good enough. Finally comes Halo 3 with variations for most parts of armour, emblems and a lot of colour customization. This is fantastic, as the armour is gradually unlockable and with Xbox live the opportunity for downloadable armour. The only bad thing about the armour is a) The Hayabusa helmet, as it looks crap, and the Katana sword when you get 1000 gamer points. This is ok for some, but it does look rubbish and as far as I know, you can’t turn it off.)
3. Plasma grenades.
(The most sadistic weapon in the Halo trilogy. Once you’ve been stuck, you ARE going to die. You only have seconds for a suicide bid explosion or taking down your opponents with your great wit and cunning. I’ve said it was sadistic, but I think it’s one of the most humourous weapons too. For example, to get the “Lee R Wilson memorial” achievement, [This achievement is named after a U.S marine who jumped on a grenade to save his fellow soldiers] ,you need to get 5 sticky grenade kills on Xbox live. I got 8 sticks in a match, getting the achievement, but all 8 sticks were on the same guy. He was suitably annoyed, which made me warm inside…..lol. Anyway this is one of the reasons to love halo 3. You can just imagine the deep sigh of people on Xbox live when their screen is tinged slightly blue and they realize they’ve been stuck.)
4. You don’t play as the Arbiter.
(Playing as the arbiter in “Halo 2” was necessary to the plot, but it did distract from you actually being the master chief, and the last level, you weren’t even the master chief! Anyway they’ve rectified this in halo 3 and the master chief is only a bot. However if you play co-operative, you cleverly play as the Arbiter. And to make up for being a secondary character, you spawn with better weapons. Anyway the Arbiter is actually a big help on legendary and mythic.)
5. The soundtrack.
(The sound track on Halo 3 is absolutely fantastic. Sometimes I play the game just for the music. Being the geek that I am, I’ve even downloaded the official soundtrack, and it’s heaven to listen to. Composed by Martin O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori, specifically for this game, it’s a mixture of the original Halo theme music combined with gothic tones and modern day classical music. In films, action is portrayed in music as well as on screen, yet in games, the action is constant, so you need constantly good music, and this game comes up trumps.)

Post your 5 reasons to love halo 3 or even your 5 reasons to hate it if you prefer!

Last edited by Mayuss on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskii
Normal Brawlers
Normal Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 5 reasons to love Halo 3   5 reasons to love Halo 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 1:45 pm

yea... the arbiter kinda owns the chief in every way... also Lee R. Wilson was a U.S. marine who sarcificed himself to save his squad by throwing himself onto a grendade which was thrown into the midst of said squad.
Back to top Go down
Mayuss
Very Hard Brawlers
Very Hard Brawlers
Mayuss

PostSubject: 5 reaons to love halo 3   5 reasons to love Halo 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 2:23 pm

thanks buskii, i've edited the post to include that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 reasons to love Halo 3   5 reasons to love Halo 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

5 reasons to love Halo 3
Page 1 of 1